Desarrollo de capacidades
Las empresas de alcance mundial deben gestionar las cuestiones sociales y de derechos humanos en un contexto local para ser eficaces.
When operating globally and expanding the international reach of supply chains, companies frequently enter unfamiliar geopolitical environments. They are often faced with social issues that even if familiar on paper, they are unprepared to tackle. Whether commodity-specific, like palm oil to issues relating to land grabbing, unethical recruitment practices or child labour, or even issues focused on workers’ rights, like forced labour, human trafficking or discrimination, companies and their suppliers must understand each issue from a local cultural and legislative perspective.
Building capacity capable of managing social and human rights in the local context is essential to develop a business-wide management system to effectively respond to and take action to address risks.
DNV can partner with you to
- Build organizational awareness and understanding of human rights
- Administer training or support related to best practices and management techniques to suppliers in consultation with relevant program owners
- Deliver bespoke training to build organizational understanding and capacity on how to effectively manage human rights performance
- Track and compare performance and measure improvements
- Advice on short- and long-term remediation strategies